In January 1948 17 people attended a meeting in Worthington at the invitation of the Columbus Baptist City Mission Society to consider American Baptist Church in north Columbus. With this beginning, the first worship service was held on February 1, 1948. Charles Stanton served as interim 1948. Dr Ambrose Bailey and Dr Charles Stanton served as interim pastors until Rev. Lloyd S Snell was called as the first pastor in September 1948
Rev snell served as pastor during 1948 to 1954. Under his spiritual leadership North Baptist Church was chartered with 39 members and grew to more than100. North Baptist Church has maintained membership in the Columbus Baptist Association, Ohio Baptist Convention and American Baptist USA. Until a new church building in 1954, worship services and Sunday School were held in the Sharon Memorial Building and Sharon Elementary School.
Rev. Meredith K. Lasley served as pastor during 1954 to 1957. The church assumed full financial responsibility, and purchased a parsonage on Granville Road in 1955. The first Daily vacation Bible school was held in 1956. Membership increased to more than 170 by 1957.
Rev. William R. Hayden served as pastor during 1958 to 1966. During his tenure the church library was started and a new educational wing was added to the church building. The parsonage on Granville Road was sold and a new one purchased on Charleston Avenue nearer to the church. We were partners in the Billy Graham crusade in Columbus in 1964. We began our Sunday Evening Fellowship program and started our North Baptist Beacon newsletter. Member- climbed past 300 in 1966.
Rev Gale Baldridge served as pastor during 1967 to 1972. The parsonage was sold and pastor given a housing allowance in lieu of buying a new parsonage. A summer intern program gave impetus to our youth work, and the Baptist Men's Fellowship was established. Theeducation building debt was paid off and a major commitment was made to the World Mission Campaign. Membership remained stable above 300.
Rev. Owen Stewart served as pastor 1973 to 1990.
Rev. Drew Aquino served as pastor 1990 - 1998
Rev. Owen Stewart served as interim 1998 - 2001
Rev. Cyrus Broughton has served as our pastor since 2001